We are looking for new ingredients that are not certified as NOVEL FOODS (that are new but are not already registered in the catalogue, they could be in the certification phase), as well as methods / technologies for their transformation to develop functional foods.
With the aim of improving health / preventing chronic diseases (diabetes, high blood pressure, etc) – silver economy focus -, impact on different functions:
- Foods enriched with iron, iodine, folic acid, fatty acids (omega-3 and omega-6), calcium, vitamins A and D, infant formula milks with specific nutrients that boost their growth and development, etc.
- Improve the rates of cholesterol and plasmatic triglycerides associated with cardiovascular risk. Such as, for example, foods low in fats and sugars, enriched with omega-3 or oleic acid, fibre, specific drinks and products for athletes (drinks, bars, etc.).
- Products enriched with antioxidant substances (Vitamins C and E, beta-carotenes, selenium, zinc, phytochemicals).
- Products that contribute to reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. We find foods enriched with polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega 3 and omega 6), with antioxidant action substances, phytosterols, certain vitamins from group B (B6, B9, B12) and fibre.
- Appetite and the feeling of fullness, mood and stress management. These are foods rich in fibre or enriched in fibre, foods with specific amino acids, foods with substances that stimulate the nervous system (caffeine, ginseng, etc.) or sedatives, etc.
Solutions not of interest
Off the shelf and already marketed solutions.
Without apparent innovation.